Sunday, October 26, 2008

More than we bargained for...


So...Becca and I reserved tickets to take the girls to see High School Musical 3 opening night at The District (Dan decided he didn't want to join us, LOL). We had time to grab dinner at Chick-Fil-A and we made it to the theater without any real setbacks. We got the kids settled in their seats and then the mom's went to get snacks...we sat down and waited for the movie to start...the previews started. At first I thought it was odd, some of the previews - not really what you would expect when coming to see a Rated "G" movie. Then what appeared to be previews for a certain raunchy Rated "R" movie started. To the horror of every parent there, it wasn't a preview, it was the movie - and a pretty graphic opening scene!! I think we were all stunned at first.
We were 2nd row from the top and right in the middle...a dad a few rows down JUMPED out of his seat and ran out of the theater. You could hear parents telling their kids to stand up and turn around, put their coats over their heads, and close their eyes. A few families started to walk out of the theater. I went out to see what was going on and an employee was outside the door on her radio telling someone to get the movie stopped and that it was NOT HSM3 playing.
They finally stopped the movie and an apology was given, then our movie started, then it stopped. They apologized again, with a bull horn. They told us we would be given passes after the movie, then the movie started again. The girls LOVED the movie and luckily no permanent damage from the wrong movie - we talked about what happened and Paige was clueless about what was going on, Ashley said it looked like a dumb movie and Hailee was the only one old enough to know what the subject content was. We've had "the talk" before so it wasn't too uncomfortable to talk about it again.
By the time we got home ($2.78 p/gallon for gas - Wahoo!!) I was so tired...I remember tucking the girls in bed and that's about it - all things considered, it was a fun girls' night out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment